There are four main tactics to employ when trying to lose weight: eating well, movement, quality sleep, and managing stress. But if you're looking to find some incremental advantages, you can add some health and fitness biohacks. These practices/foods won't move the needle, but they may be something for you to consider as you go on your health and fitness journey.
Health and Fitness Biohacks:
- Cold – Submerging the body in cold water boosts the metabolism and helps to reduce body fat and inflammation.
- High-intensity interval training – HIIT builds endurance and enhances your metabolism. Be sure to fully recover during recovery periods and between workouts.
- Intermittent fasting –This keeps the body in fat burning mode for longer. One method involves eating during an eight-hour period and fasting for the other 16 hours each day.
- Ketosis – Ketones in the blood can be used to fuel the body’s energy, which leads to fat loss.
- Hormone management – Aging often leads to a lowering of estrogen or testosterone, which causes the body to store fat in different ways. Maintain good hormone levels through diet, exercise, and possibly supplementation under a physician’s care.
- Treadmill desk – Do normal work while walking one to two miles per hour. This increases your activity level and improves core strength and balance.
- Warm lemon water – Consuming this in the morning jumpstarts the metabolism, digestive track, and energy levels.
- Apple cider vinegar – One tablespoon before bed each night can have a positive effect on lowering blood sugar.
- Elimination diets – Added weight can be caused by inflammation from certain foods. Elimination diets will help you determine which foods cause you inflammation and should be removed from your diet permanently.
- Manage your water – Flushing water from the body is one way to drop a few pounds fairly quickly.
- Long, slow distance – This stress-reducing exercise keeps the metabolism going and allows you to stay in a fat burning mode.
While these health and fitness biohacks should not be used as a primary method of weight loss, they may be able to supplement the main four tactics.