In her book Walk off the weight, Lucy Wyndham-Read shows us how to use walking for weight loss. With 5 years in the Brittish Army and 20 years in fitness, Lucy has helped thousands of men and women lose weight and stay in shape. In this book, she sets up a daily program for walking for weight loss with walking plans and menus to ensure you're eating right.
Benefits of walking
– Health – Walking strengthens your heart and reduces cholesterol. It helps strengthen your bones. It prevents obesity and lifts depression.
– Fitness – Walking helps make you faster and stronger and gives you more stamina. You'll improve your flexibility and balance.
– Weight – Walking for weight loss works because you are burning more calories both during and after the walk.
– Aging – Walking helps promote human growth hormone (HGH), which begins declining after age 20.
Measure it & snap it
– Measurements – Lucy recommends you measure your waist, bottom, thighs and arms so you can see your progress.
– What to expect – As you go, you'll notice you are dropping dress sizes and feeling stronger and more energetic.
– Commitment – Before you start, make the commitment to make it through the first seven days. This will drive you through the 21 days.
Tips for Motivation
1. Mind makeover – Make sure you have the right attitude to ensure success.
2. Put on your visualization glasses – Visualize what health and fitness looks like.
3. Score a goal – Set goals to drive you.
4. Be your own fitness dj – Change up your playlist from time to time to stay motivated.
5. On the dot – Find a set time to work out so you're high energy and can keep doing it.
6. Become a master chef – Learn how to make new dishes with fresh, healthy ingredients.
Walking for weight loss links: