- in guest/interview , health by allan
The heart is more than just a pump with Dr. Thomas Cowan
Dr. Thomas Cowan is the author of a new book entitled Human Heart, Cosmic Heart, which introduces a new perspective on the role of the heart within the human body and how heart disease can be prevented.
Dr. Cowan explains that more than 90% of heart attacks are caused by a decrease in the tone of the parasympathetic nervous system. Too much stress, high blood pressure, and diabetes are just a few factors that can also diminish the parasympathetic nervous system. When this is combined with a buildup of lactic acid in the heart, acidification of tissues or a breakdown of cells occurs, creating a heart attack.
In the book, Dr. Cowan has included the six principles within the Cowan Heart Diet, which will influence the three causes of heart disease: plaque, deterioration of microcirculation, and an imbalance of the autonomic nervous system.
- Quality matters – Toxins can interfere with mitochondrial function. Eat fresh, local, and organic foods containing the best quality with the most minerals possible.
- How to eat vegetables – Eat proteins from animals, seeds and nuts for calories and fiber, and as wide a variety of vegetables as possible.
- Intermittent fasting – An overfed state leads to too much insulin, which can lead to inflammation. Instead, try intermittent fasting, which will put your body in an efficient state of hormonal balance.
- Macronutrients – Do not eat too much sugar in your diet. Eat a high amount of healthy fats and modest protein.
- Structured water – The structure of non-moving water starts to degrade. Using simple vortex devices with your drinking water can possibly improve your health.
- Trust your instincts – No expert can tell you what works the best for you. If you feel good, look good, and are performing well, you are likely on the right track.
To connect with Dr. Cowan, or to learn more about the book or heart disease, visit www.humanheartcosmicheart.com.
Another episode you may enjoy