Laurie Watkins is an accomplished speaker, coach, fitness enthusiast, and author of the new book Go From Stressed To Strong.
As a busy professional, Laurie found herself needing to make a change in her life to focus on her health and fitness. She found that building routines worked for her as a means of regaining control. In her book, she describes 20 keys to building a routine. Some of these important keys include:
- Start an exercise routine first thing in the morning. Stay consistent and find 20 to 30 minutes per day to workout.
- Keep your workout fresh. If you’re not excited, you won’t want to do it.
- Set your intentions for the day.
- Take time for self-care.
- Review highlights of the day before going to sleep and maintain a gratitude list.
- Remain motivated and repeat.
Make your routine a priority, but allow for some flexibility. If you don’t make yourself a priority, no one else will. Do more today than you were doing yesterday. Just start somewhere.
Laurie also talks about treating your body like a bank account when it comes to clean and dirty food. She uses the analogy of eating clean foods; doing so is like depositing into your body’s bank account. When you eat enough clean food, you can afford a withdrawal from the bank account to eat the foods you want to indulge in every now and then.
Laurie shares seven additional tips for working out, including:
- Work out efficiently
- Sign up for competitions as motivation
- Make a schedule and commit to it.
- Satisfy your own likes and dislikes
- Start with one thing.
- If you don’t measure it, it doesn’t exist.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Visit http://www.laurieawatkins.com to read a chapter called, “Get Out of Bed and Fall Into a Routine,” from her book for free.
Another episode you may enjoy