Laurie Watkins is an accomplished speaker, coach, fitness enthusiast, and author of the new book Go From Stressed To Strong.
As a busy professional, Laurie found herself needing to make a change in her life to focus on her health and fitness. She found that building routines worked for her as a means of regaining control. In her book, she describes 20 keys to building a routine. Some of these important keys include:
- Start an exercise routine first thing in the morning. Stay consistent and find 20 to 30 minutes per day to workout.
- Keep your workout fresh. If you’re not excited, you won’t want to do it.
- Set your intentions for the day.
- Take time for self-care.
- Review highlights of the day before going to sleep and maintain a gratitude list.
- Remain motivated and repeat.
Make your routine a priority, but allow for some flexibility. If you don’t make yourself a priority, no one else will. Do more today than you were doing yesterday. Just start somewhere.
Laurie also talks about treating your body like a bank account when it comes to clean and dirty food. She uses the analogy of eating clean foods; doing so is like depositing into your body’s bank account. When you eat enough clean food, you can afford a withdrawal from the bank account to eat the foods you want to indulge in every now and then.
Laurie shares seven additional tips for working out, including:
- Work out efficiently
- Sign up for competitions as motivation
- Make a schedule and commit to it.
- Satisfy your own likes and dislikes
- Start with one thing.
- If you don’t measure it, it doesn’t exist.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Visit http://www.laurieawatkins.com to read a chapter called, “Get Out of Bed and Fall Into a Routine,” from her book for free.
Another episode you may enjoy
Don't miss out!
Learn about our free challenges.
We're going to be launching new challenges in the coming months. Sign up today so you don't miss out.