Donna from Facebook asked about tips for sticking to a workout regimen. Here are 11 great tips to follow:
- Reconnect to your why – This helps you get started and stick with it.
- Do it first – You are much more likely to do your workout when you do it first rather than putting it off until later in the day.
- Set an appointment – Treat your workout like an important appointment that you would not miss.
- Have an objective – Perhaps it’s a race, competition, or wearing a certain dress that you’re working toward. It’s a good way to recognize progress and maintain motivation.
- Set micro goals – Set smaller goals along the way to your main goal to give you wins and encourage you to push harder.
- Make it something you trip over – Make it a constant reminder so you have all you need to do your workout.
- Convenience – Make it easy for yourself and you’ll be much more likely to comply with your program.
- Hire a good trainer – You’ll have accountability and you may even have a better workout.
- Have an accountability partner – Find someone who will keep you accountable so you stick with your workouts.
- Have some planned periodization – Doing the same workout over and over can lead to plateaus. Rotate to different modalities to keep things fresh.
- Make it fun – If your workout isn’t fun or you’re not excited about what you’re working toward, consider another style of workout.
Follow these simple tips to stay on track with your workout regimen!
Here is another episode you may enjoy