Losing weight is an emotional game. If you’re not losing weight, consider these 11 reasons as to why you may not be reaching your goals:
- Not committing – Connect your why with your vision. Why do you want to lose weight? Commit to do the things that are necessary for reaching that vision. Until you make that commitment, all you have is a want.
- Quitting too soon – Many quit because it gets difficult. You must give your body time to adapt to a new lifestyle. Once you start on a plan, stick with it to see results.
- Get duped by marketing – Don’t believe all the marketing claims. Success stories and marketing can be misleading.
- Rewarding workouts – Rewarding exercise with food dismantles any weight maintenance you will have. You cannot use food as a reward.
- Portion size – Restaurants have inflated portion sizes. Learn the appropriate portion size and eat slower, healthy foods.
- Mindless eating – Be mindful about what you’re eating and why you’re eating it.
- Eating inflammatory foods – Sugar is your enemy in weight loss. Eating inflammatory foods leads to weight gain. Consider trying an elimination diet to see what works for you.
- Exercise is greater than food – You cannot out-exercise a bad diet. Start with eating healthy foods to see real results.
- Undereating – If you skip meals or eat less than you should, your blood sugar will plummet and your metabolism will slow. Find balance in an eating program that you can maintain.
- Having no plan – Without a plan, there will not be any weight loss. To see results, create and stick to a plan.
- Doing it on your own – You may need accountability. Reach out and ask for that help.
Reflect on your own personal experiences with weight loss. Use these tips to consider what you can do to improve your approach and achieve your weight loss goals.
Another episode you may enjoy