Here are a few of my biggest pet peeves related to health and fitness:
- Stuck on calories in/out – All of these calorie measurements are estimates. Eat good quality, nutritious food and let your body tell you when it’s full.
- Barbie reps – Not burning calories or building muscle. Not getting benefit of a true resistance program that includes a challenge on the muscle.
- Food puritans – Food choices are often limited anyway. Do the best that you can. Food is about replenishing our body and making the best choices possible given our circumstances.
- Bro science –Don’t always follow the crowd, because sometimes the crowd is wrong. Do a little bit of research on your own.
- Pre-workout stimulants – Avoid these. If you’re getting proper nutrition, that is all you need.
- Fat loss supplements – If you’re eating a good diet and you’re moving around, your body will begin to burn fat without these supplements.
- Flat stomach machines – Your body has a natural rhythm to how it wants to store fat. These machines will not be the difference maker.
- Incomplete nutritional information in apps – You must do your own diligence to be sure what you’re eating is a true serving compared to the information within the app.
- Ignoring food, stress, and sleep – You cannot ignore these, as you need them in your program just as much, if not more, than exercise.
- Scale worship – The scale is not a good measure of health and fitness, but a measure of body mass. Focus on how you look and feel.
- Irresponsible headlines – Misleading headlines cause people to make health decisions without understanding the real implications.
Another episode you may enjoy